Jewellery care instructions
Oxidized Silver jewellery
Some ‘dovile b.’ jewellery is made of oxidzed .925 sterling silver. This surface treatment requires special care of the piece and will fade over time because of contact with clothes, hard surfaces, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others. Raised patterned areas is prone to burnishing off over time, especially in the case of ring shanks, avoid making your ring wet. Items such as earrings that sit static will maintain their black finish as long as they are cared for. We offer re-oxidisation service for pieces bought from us free of charge. However return fees will have to be covered by the customer.
Oxidized silver requires no cleaning. To remove dirt use a soft brush either dry or with soapy water.
• When you’re not wearing your jewellery you should keep them in a safe and secure place like jewellery box.
• Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom, moisture will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish extra quickly.
• Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
• Do not wear jewellery when in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
• Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can all cause tarnishing and damage.
• Remove jewellery when doing household tasks.
• Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
• Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewellery.
• Gently wipe jewellery clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
• Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
• Do not pull chains.
• The silicone is very flexible but should be handled gently.
• Do not pull silicone necklaces away from the silver.
• Do not spray any cosmetic products directly on to the jewellery.
• Silicone is washable material. Place the necklace under the warm running water with small amount of washing liquid and with gentle movements using sponge rub your piece with fingers. After washing make it dry with paper towel. It can be wash as often as needed. Hand wash only.